Your phone will get locked out if you enter the incorrect pin three times, when this happens you cant make or receive phone calls, send and receive SMSs or use your data.
Many people go into panic mode when they get locked out, but Vodacom says “keep calm and use your PUK number.
PUK number??What is it?? PUK stands for PIN Unblocking Key and it’s used to unblock your SIM card if you enter the wrong PIN three times.
There are a number of ways to help you retrieve your PUK number and get you back to your usual social routine.
Simply use one of the methods below and enter your phone’s unique PUK number. After you’ve entered your PUK number,you’ll be able to create a new PIN – hopefully one you’ll remember!
Options to help you retrieve your PUK number.
Using My Vodacom App:- Your PUK number can be found easily with the help of the My Vodacom App. Once you have downloaded the app onto your phone, simply follow these four easy steps to retrieve your PUK number.
Log into the My Vodacom App.
- From the balance overview page open the main menu
- Tap on the “My Account” menu item
- From the drop down menu select “Account details”
- You will then be required to log into the app to access this secure information
- Dial *135#
- Select ‘Services’
- Select ‘PUK Number’
- SMS ‘VPP’ to 31050 from the cellphone number that you need the PUK for.
- Dial 082 135, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone, and follow the voice prompts.
If your phone is already blocked then the simplest method would be to log into My Vodacom online, where you can view your PUK number from the landing page.
Make sure you have the right PUK number and enter it correctly. If you enter the incorrect PUK number too many ti
mes, your SIM card will be permanently blocked and you’ll have to get a new one.